HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply ONLINE to any one RRB only, depending upon their eligibility. Application to more than one RRB will lead to rejection of all the applications.
No physical copy of the application is required to be sent to RRBs.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online:
- Candidates should have a valid email ID and a Mobile Number which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help them in getting call letter advices etc. by e-mail. Email ID and mobile number cannot be changed at any point of time in the registration, even when modifying the application.
- Candidates should keep their Matric/SSLC/10th Marksheet handy to enter the Name and Date-of-birth and other required details as per the marksheet.
- Aadhar card details, if available.
- PWD candidates who are eligible to avail the services of a scribe should keep the scribe details (name, date of birth, father's name and scanned photo) handy.
- Keep ready a scanned copy of one recent passport size colour photograph.
- SC/ST candidates should keep ready a scanned copy of the Community Certificate, if they want to avail of the free travel pass for the exam/document verification.
NOTE: Application is not complete unless the all the details are filled in, fees (where applicable) are paid, scanned photograph is uploaded by candidates. Acknowledgment is purely provisional, subject to scrutiny.
- Candidates can click on 'NEW REGISTRATION' to apply fresh to any RRB.
- Select RRB for which the candidate wishes to submit the application and click on the 'APPLY NOW' button.
- The stages in registration are as follows:
- In the Preliminary Registration page, fill in the details like Name, Father's name, Date of birth, Community, Email Id, Mobile number and other details related to the 10th / SSLC certificate. The details should match that of 10th class certificate/marks sheet.
- Other details such as gender, community, religion, PWD status, Ex-Servicemen details etc., previous service in Government / PSU, email address, mobile number are taken in this stage.
- The next stage is the activation, where the email id and the mobile number of the candidate is validated and the Registration Number is generated. Candidates will not be able to proceed to the next stage if they have not given valid email id / mobile number. On submission of details as in point 5, an email will be received in the registered email ID with a link for activation. An One-Time-Password (OTP) is also sent to the mobile number. The candidate can proceed with the registration either by clicking on the link received in the email / using the OTP received on the mobile number. The registration number is generated and a confirmation page is displayed.
- The candidates can proceed to the Second Stage of registration next through the 'Candidate Login' menu from the home page of the registration portal and login with their Registration ID and Date of birth (Password). In this stage, the candidate has to furnish his details about typing proficiency and vision standards as given in the vacancy table of the EN. Based on the details filled in by the candidate, the list of posts (in the selected RRB) for which a candidate is eligible, is displayed. The candidates have to select their preferences for the various posts that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to.
Candidates are required to exercise their options/preferences to select five cities for appearing in CBT through the drop-down menu.
They also have to fill in their preference of language for exam and typing skill test (if applicable), Educational Qualification detailsand address for communication.
- Next the candidate proceeds to the Third Stage of Registration where they can pay the application fee (where applicable) through one of the following modes.
- Debit Cards, Netbanking of banks other than SBI
Candidates can pay through Debit cards and Netbanking of various banks. Transaction charges are applicable extra.
- SBI Debit card / Internet banking
Using this mode, candidates who possess SBI Debit Card / Internet banking facility with SBI can pay the application fee. No additional charges are levied.
- SBI Bank Challan (No transaction charges)
Candidates can download the Bank Challan prefilled with their specific details and make the payment in any branch of SBI and associate banks. After making the payment, the candidates must again login through the Candidate Login menu to proceed with the registration.
- Post Office Challan (Transaction/Processing charges extra)
Candidates can download the Postal Challan prefilled with their specific details and make the payment in any Computerised post office across the country. Processing fees are applicable extra.
- Debit Cards, Netbanking of banks other than SBI
- When payment is made through Post Office Challan, candidates have to wait for two -three days after making their payment for the verification to be completed. Only when the payment is verified, the candidate can proceed to the next stage of Registration i.e., uploading of photograph and SC/ST certificate(where applicable).
- In the fourth stage of registration, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph of in JPG/JPEG format, size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, file size between 15 KB and40 KB. Preview of the uploaded photo is displayed. Candidates can submit the photo if the preview is clear. Otherwise they can repeat the process using a fresh photo.
PWD candidates who are eligible to avail the services of a scribe are required to upload the scanned photograph of the scribe in JPG/JPEG format, size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, file size between 15 KB and40 KB.
SC/ST candidates who wish to avail free travel authority, have to upload the scanned copy of their caste certificate. The scanned file should be of JPG/JPEG format and file size should be between 50 KB and 100 KB.
Candidates may note that if the photo is improper, the candidature will be rejected (Refer to instructions for uploading).
After the final submission, candidates can print out their application for reference. The application printout need NOT be sent to the RRB.
- Edit mode of Applications : Kindly ensure that the application is filled in correctly, the first time itself. However candidates can edit the application they have submitted by choosing the 'Modify Application' button on the registration portal. A fee of Rs.100/- is applicable even to candidates belonging to exempted categories(i.e., SC / ST / PWD / Ex-SM / Women / Transgender / Minority / Economically backward class candidates)has to be paid (no exceptions) to edit an application already registered.
Candidates must first make the payment before they can edit an application. Once the payment verification is complete, the candidate will have two options when he/she logins through the 'Modify Application' mode.
During modification of application, candidates can edit all details, except for the email ID and Mobile number.
The two options available in Edit more are :
- Modify Application in the same RRB : Candidates can make any changes to their application within the RRB to which they have applied.
- Modify Application and apply to different RRB : Candidates who have applied to one RRB can opt to apply to a different RRB altogether. After making payment for Edit, the candidates can choose the RRB to which they want to re-apply. The application they have already made will be cancelled and a new Registration ID for the new RRB will be generated. A link to login to the new RRB will be displayed below. Candidates can click on the link or login through the "Candidate Login" menu on the home page, choose the new RRB and edit his/her application and complete the registration process. An email is also sent to the candidate with his New registration number and the link to the new RRB.